Wednesday, July 17, 2013

White Privilege: America's Love Child

After watching the interview w/ this juror (which I only watched for 10 min b/c she irritated me into a slight ulcer), all I can say is "That White privilege is the best thing created since Top Ramen w/ Velveeta Cheese." You see... White privilege is the unearned advantages for just being White! Ain't that somethin'? That's almost as good as Groupon: the deals just keep comin' at you for no reason! One asks "What did I do to deserve this?" And the answer "Absolutely nothin'!" White privilege nurtures the following: "Race is not an issue", "I don't see color", "I have no doubt George feared for his life", "Rachel wasn't credible b/c of her inability to read cursive." White privilege is also a shield where folks don't have to warn their kids about police brutality or vigilantes w/ guns. You see... White privilege allows for people to not be conscious of their privilege & not see the correlation between privilege & racism. It also allows for folks to be aware & choose not to change! Why would they? It's like a 2 for 1 deal! It is my contention that white privilege was born out of the racist ideologies and practices that is not unfamiliar to this country. While it's against the law to discriminate against others based on race and to commit racial violent acts, white privilege is that "love child" that is protected to substantiate, support, & perpetuate these racist ideologies, without blatantly admitting to it's deleterious ways in which it destroys & depletes the efforts of equality. Welp... I think I'll go rent the movie "White Man's Burden" just so I can pretend, even if it's only for 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment